History of the castle

 

Boskovštejn became popular among archeologists, which were exploring the colonies of first farmers in the you stone age (5000-2000 before Christ). The research of Jaroslav Pollard and František Vildomec proved, that there were 8 locations of colonies with linear ceramics. The sorted archeological material was studied by the representatives of our but also the international archeology. Besides that, there were coincidental discoveries. Those revealed a bell-shaped cups from the end of young stone age and also a halštat culture from the iron age.

 

The first written note about Boskovštejn is from 1586, when Bedřich from Náchod gave Boskovštějn with its stronghold to his wife Kateřina. Boskovštejn in 1608-1613 was owned by Jaroslav Bouchval from Náchod. In 1615, the castle, the brewery and the Jiřice village was sold to Petr Vok from Náchod na Žeroticích. By the 1619, the evangelic aristocrat Zikmund from Ditrichštejn bought the castle. The emperor gave Boskovštejn to the count Jíří from Náchod in 1630. Then the castle was inherited by his son, Leopold Ferdinand, the count of Náchod. Because of the feudal development, the small czech royalty slowly disappeared. In the 1659, Boskovštejn was unoccupied. Ferdinand Leopold of Náchod then sold the castle in 1660 to Zdenek Bohuslav Dubský of Třebomyslice, who bought also the whole Hostim. Starting then, Boskovštejn was managed from Hostim. There was also a pub and four cottages belonging to Boskovštejn, where the toll od one grešle was payed. Therefore, they named it Grešlové Mýto. Even in 1672, Zdeněk Dubský of Třebomyslice is stated as the owner of Boskovštejn and Jiřice. In that time, Boskovštejn was a small village, Jiřice were more of a parceled land. In the 1680 Zdeněk Dubský intabuated Boskovštejn to Ludvík Raduit de Souches, along with a mill, sawmill and a deer-park. After Ludvík’s death, Boskovštejn belongs to his nephew, who then intabuated Boskovštejn to a royal adviser Josef, the count of Gatteburg. In that time, changes in the land were made. Forrest became smaller. The land was made a field, part of the land was sold, the deer-park was closed.